Monday, September 28, 2009

Work and Play in Florida

Jason at Cocoa Beach during the sunrise


Our message to Evan "We love U Bev 9/13/09" - we missed our little man


Cocoa Beach


Apes, Dex, and Jason - Dex using seashells to cover some parts! ha ha


Dex doing his fake digging trick - yet another great shot!


Apes and Dex


Jason and I


Downtown Disney


Apes and I


The work crew enjoying Downtown Disney


A seafood restaurant inside the boat


Apes cheesing for the camera in front of our hotel fountain


Our hotel - The Coronado Springs in Disney World


A couple of weeks ago, I went to Florida for a work conference. It was a wonderful trip. I learned a lot of great information, enjoyed Disney, got some mommy time, and spent my time with my good friend April. The weather was so-so, but ended up being great towards the end of my 3 day stay.

The grand idea of it all was to have our husbands fly down to have some fun, after the conference. April and I attended classes while they were there, which gave them some time to do their own man things. Once conference was over, our destination was Cocoa Beach. Silly me, I wasn't thinking about the fact that we were not going to be near a beach, while attending conference. I am thinking Florida = beach. But after some discussion, we rented a car - which happened to be a maroon PT Cruiser. April and I named her Petunia for the weekend. By the way, it is no wonder that April drives a mini van - she needs the protection. Although, it was later verified by Jason that there was a problem with the foot pedal sensitivity - leading it to seem that April could drive safely! (Sorry Apes!)

We spent the evening, and the most of the next day at Cocoa Beach. We had no plans, other than to go to Cocoa Beach, and how to get there. We drove down the coast and picked the Holiday Inn with a GREAT rate! We were 1/4 mile walking distance to the actual water. We had an excellent dinner too. Jason and I woke up early and watched the sunrise on the beach. Priceless! It was so romantic. Cheesy, I know. Dex slept in, and Jason, Apes and I headed to Dunkin Donuts to recharge. Got our suits on and spent the day at the beach! I ended up getting scorched, which I did not realize until looking in our mirror at home.

Our little man stayed with Jason one night, then each grandparent for one night. It worked out great! I knew that Evan was in great hands. We missed him, and talked about him all the time. I looked at all the saved pictures on my camera, multiple times a day, while we were gone. I missed that little guy and was so excited to get home to see him. Waiting in the airport was torture! We got home, picked up our little guy, and mommy snuggled him and wouldn't stop kissing him. I had a great time, but was so relieved to home, on the ground, safe, with our little family together again. Next year, the four of us are going to Vegas to celebrate both of our 5 year anniversaries!

0 comments: