Monday, September 7, 2009

Time for update

Mommy's Big Boy!


At the zoo - mommy snapping a picture
before the train started moving


I was putting stuff away in the diaper bag - when I
was done, this is what I saw ....


Gooooo TIGERS!!!


Stud muffin!


Just waking up.


This is what I see when I go in his room! :)


His favorite - the Jumperoo


Smile!


From mad ...


.... to happy within seconds!


Happy boy!


It has been about 2 weeks since I posted an update. Not much has been going on with us, just trying to end the summer with a bang. Evan turned 5 months on September 1st, nearly half a year old already! We have had a few firsts in the past couple of weeks: our first trip to the zoo, first trip to the library, starting cereal and baby food, sitting up, learning how to throw fits, and most importantly - experience his first MU football game! He has now decided to throw little tantrums from time to time. Amazing that the child can have a smile on his face and be crying ... how does that work?!? He was actually interested in the football game, for quite awhile. He likes to watch the bright colors and movement. Mommy got so excited that she forgot Ev was sitting on her lap and screamed out loud! Guess he is just getting an early dose of how to cheer them on! :)

We have been working really hard on sitting up, in fact, he pretty much refuses to lay on his back or tummy so he is now wanting to sit up all the time. He is sitting up for a few seconds, but is still trying to learn to keep his balance for longer periods of time.

Bath time has become quite the laugh ... he is splashing more and more! We sing 'splish splash I was taking a bath' and he starts splashing around like a crazy boy. He loves to watch Baby Einstein and swing in his swing. The kid LOVES music - just like mommy and daddy! As a part of our morning routine, we watch VH1 music videos. He will just lay there and watch the movement, listen to the music, and relax. This morning, he decided that he was going to sing with them. It was quite hilarious! He also has a musical toy that we have played with for a few months, but I have to hit the instruments to make the music. Today we got the toy out, I propped him up in his boppy, and he sat and played the music on his own.

He is growing by leaps and bounds! Mommy feels like she is carrying a sack of potatoes when she lifts him. He is soooo heavy! His feet are now even with the end of his carseat, and he looks like he is almost out of his swing. We are wearing 6 month clothes, but some of the 6-9 month pieces are too big. We are already getting our costume ready for Halloween! I am lotoking forward to his first Halloween. But, I get excited about every little first thing that comes along!!!
And we know that we have many more to come ...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Evan is to freakin cute!!!!

Amber said...

Thank you! You have a cute little man as well. Life is so different being a mommy - especially after trying so hard for such a perfect little person. Evan has completed me in every sense possible. I have my family and life couldn't be better! And I know, you know, EXACTLY what I am talking about! :) You are a mommy ... doesn't it feel wonderful???