Thursday, March 5, 2009

Shower for Baby Smith

Christina (shower hostess #1) showing off Baby Smith's gifts


The cupcake tree with polka dot cupcakes and lil' baby cupcakes!!!


Alexis (shower hostess #2) preparing the finishing touches!


Jason trying to figure out what a 'boppy' is and how it actually works .... funny times!


A personalized onesie made by Rhi for our lil' MU Tiger! Another said 'My mom is a nurse' and for daddy 'I love my Nike's as much as my daddy'!


Regardless of the 4 inches of snow that we received last Saturday, we were able to have a Baby Shower for Baby Smith! The shower was thrown for Jason and I by my best friend, Christina, and another close friend, Alexis. These girls did a great job - everything was perfect. I have to mention that they even incorporated polka dots for me ... they know me all too well!!! Jason was apprehensive about going to the shower, but I thought it would be an excellent experience and was important for him to be there. We were able to open the gifts, enjoy playing the games, and enjoy everyone's company as a team! All in all, I know he enjoyed himself after it was all said and done.

We played a game where there were little babies in ice cubes and whoever could melt (or deliver) the baby first, would be the winner! Cindy was the big winner and did this in record time. Then we had a game where Jason and I had to dress a baby as a team, using only one hand each. We had to dress the baby in 5 minutes while it was kicking and moving ... I have to mention we did it in 3 minutes flat! Quite the team we will make!!! We also played the candy bar diaper game. Jason and I were able to get every single one right - regardless that he doesn't even eat chocolate. Great grandma Maloney won this game! And lastly, my favorite, was a game where everyone wore name tags that had certain baby associated terms on them, such as: I was 'gas' while others were 'baby', 'nipples', and 'diaper.' The object of the game was to call each person by the name on their name tag - if you slipped up and called them something differently, you had to put change in the piggy bank for Baby Smith! The mothers had a great time with this - it got so loud and exciting at one point that I had to yell over everyone to announce the gift we had just opened!!! Those new grandma's just get soooo excited!!! :) Baby Smith has now started his college fund. We kept joking that this money would be used to send him to college if he wanted to go to KU. If he wants to go to MU, we will pay his full ride tuition!!! :) ha ha ha

Everything went perfect and he got all sorts of great gifts, outfits, and books! He already has a huge library of books on his bookshelf for us to read to him, and him someday to read back to us. Each person that attended the shower brought a book, in lieu of a card - with a personalized message from each guest inside. What a great idea - thanks to my mother-in-law!!! All of his stuff is arranged in his room - taking many shifts to complete since I have been on bed rest since before my shower! It was a wonderful day to celebrate the life of Baby Smith, surrounded by our close friends and family! I couldn't have asked for a better day - regardless of the snow that tried to stop our plans!!!!! Thank you Christina and Alexis for the perfect shower! And thank you for everyone who attended for sharing this special day with Jason and I! As I always say, Jason and I are blessed to be surrounded by such a great group of friends and family!!!!!

0 comments: