So I went in today for my follow-up appointment from the events occuring after my appointment on Tuesday. I feel much better today, still with increased shortness of breath, but otherwise in great spirits. I'm sure the weather had some to do with that! My blood pressure was improved at 128/84. Still a little high, but decreased from where it was.
I finally got some answers to my questions today. They are wanting to make sure that my blood pressure stays below 150 systolic (upper number) and below 90 diastolic (bottom number). If either one of these numbers are higher than the above numbers, I am to call the dr. Right now, I am in the clear. They kept me on strict bedrest until next Thursday's appointment and we will reassess at that time. I was given the okay to go to my work baby shower on Sunday and the okay to go on a date to Target, with my husband tonight. Otherwise, I am stuck on the couch with my feet up! They also made an appointment for me to see the Perinatologist on Tuesday to make sure the baby is growing appropriately. I am losing small amounts of weight again and an issue that may arise from my current events is that the baby could not be growing appropriately. She doesn't seem to think that this is necesarrily a concern, but wants to make sure we check on the lil' guy!
And I have to take a moment to brag about my wonderful husband! I cannot say how great he has truely been. He is keeping me calm, waiting on me when I need something and assuring that I am staying off of my feet, as ordered. He has been my rock and kept me in check! :) Last night while watching the MU game, I was getting a little too excited and he reminded me that I needed to stay calm. Again, when watching the KU game - another reminder to remain calm. He is concerned about his wife and his lil' man's health. Every day makes me realize how much he is going to be a great father - truely! We are in this as a team and he is doing all he can to make sure that I am okay and comfortable whenever possible. I cannot express how much I love this man (although I know at times it is trying)!!! :)
I will keep everyone updated. Sorry that I have posted 3 new postings today, but what is a girl stuck on the couch supposed to do with her time? I am getting all the little things done before our sweet baby comes into the world!!!
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Better results this time around ...
Posted by Amber at 3/05/2009 03:24:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment