Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dr's appointment #1 - Week 35

Today started my twice a week dr's appointments - and I had a pretty good visit! My blood pressure was lower, but my swelling is increased. No protein in my urine and the baby is in good shape. I am happy to say that he has officially dropped and is now in head down position!!! I have been having contractions off and on, mostly at night. The headaches have become a daily problem, however, my blood pressure never creeps over 150/100's so I just deal with it. At this point, unless things seem different or unusual - I am to stay on strict bedrest and wait for the next 2 weeks! I pushed to try and get a scheduled induction date, but he was hesitant until closer to week 37. He says there is a good possibility I could go early, or things could change to where they would have to induce me earlier. Therefore, my plan continues to be 2 dr's appointments a week and 2 non-stress tests a week.

Today the nurse that did the NST said the baby looked great! Mommy is ready for his arrival, no doubt. However, I would like for him to stay in there as long as he needs to come out healthy - without spending time in the NICU. Mommy is pretty sick of feeling like I've been hit by a truck on a daily basis! Just counting down the days .... :)

1 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad to hear your blood pressure is lower. I'm sorry your stuck on bed rest, but it sounds like it's what is best for you and your little guy. Use it to your advantage, your going to need all the rest you can get before the baby comes.