Monday, March 16, 2009

A busy weekend with a sad ending

This weekend started off with a bang at 9:00 on Saturday morning. My mom, dad, mother-in-law, and grandmother all came over to get our house in order for our lil' man to arrive. There were so many things left to still get in order and my to-do-list was getting longer by the minute. So we started right away, wasting no time!

We all divided up and worked on separate tasks. We took tags off of his clothes and did multiple loads of laundry, hung up all the things on his walls, rearranged the living room for his stuff to fit, put together the pack-n-play, stroller and travel swing, installed a programmable thermostat, put away all of his gifts from our showers, and took all the necessities out of the boxes and made sure they were clean and ready for use. Goooooo Team!!!

This house has officially been taken over by our lil' man and everyone kept joking about how we were going to have to add on another wing. The kid has so many items that both grandma's are going to get stocked with things too! Jason then made some marinated pork chops on the grill with mashed potatoes and corn.... yummy!

We got a call from a friend that was informing us that one of Jason's good friends had been in a motorcycle accident and just passed away. Jason immediately left the house while my mother-in-law cleaned up the kitchen. Ryan was quite the adventurous soul and was full of energy. He was riding his motorcycle with a few friends, going to pick up their cars, when a van pulled out in front of him and they collided. He was pronounced at the site. Jason went to visit with his mother yesterday, which makes it harder to take in - seeing others close to you hurt so bad. But his mom is a very strong woman and will get through this time the best way possible. Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers in this sorrowful time. RIP Ryan.

Sunday was a complete rest day and Jason spent a good amount of time away from the house, trying to gather his thoughts and keep his head as clear as possible. I layed on the couch all day long - having off and on contractions. Every time the contractions get stronger, I think that he is coming - but I guess he is going to continue to be a feisty lil' guy.

I now have to have dr's appointments twice a week and a non-stress test once a week. I have appointments on Tuesday and Thursday of this week. I am hoping that I will have a better idea of when they are going to induce - in fact, I wish we could just set the date - so that we can mentally prepare. The closer it gets, the more excited I get - yet the more anxiety I get that we are about to be parents! That just seems sooo surreal - even with him moving around and keeping me inside my house for the past 2 1/2 weeks. We will keep everyone informed during this adventure!!!

1 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. But I am so glad you are doing well and that you got everything set up and organized for when your little guy comes. I can't believe your due date is just around the corner. Wow time went by way to fast! Get lots of rest your gonna need it =)