Since this is the only way for me to keep everyone updated - I thought I would update about my first dr's appointment and non-stress test results for the week. Yesterday was my NST, everything looked great - in fact, she said the strip looked "perfect." He was very active yesterday and did not want the little monitor on him - therefore the student nurse had to stand beside me to hold the transducer to my tummy! Oh how I remember the tasks as a student nurse! :) My blood pressure was 130/70's - which was good news.
Today was my dr's appointment with Dr F. The appointment started out fine, my bp 130/82 and his heart rate in the 150's. The nurse left the room and I sat there waiting for the dr. All of the sudden, I got hot, my ears were burning, I was having trouble breathing, and I felt a headache coming on. And then the little flashes in my vision started. Another nurse had just happened to come in, thinking that I hadn't been checked out yet. I explained to her that I had and asked her to recheck my bp while she was in the room. She asked me if I had been out in the sun because my ears, arms and face was red. Then the bp read that I was 134/93. Within a few minutes, my blood pressure took a leap and I could feel every bit of it.
Dr F came in, checking on me. He then proceeded to inform me that he was going to do the PIH (Pregnancy Induced Hypertension) labs to see if I was going into Preclampsia - which they all seem to think is going to happen at any time. He checked me and I am 50% effaced with no dilation. His head is still down in position - but no other signs of this boy coming out early right now. However, Dr F reassured me today that they would be taking him at 37 weeks, no later than 38 weeks. He said that the baby can have stress all of the sudden so I will be having this baby early. I am fine with that - as long as we are at the 37 week mark where everything is developed and he is healthy!
I am looking forward to Thursday's appointment because I get to see Dr. R, my fav. They are going to have to give me a game plan because I do not have any of my dr's appointments and NST's set up past this week. Week 37 will be on Tuesday of next week! If I could plan it, I would like to be induced on March 30th and have him on April 1st. This is the day that Jason and I went on our first date 9 years ago! Crazy!!!!
Tomorrow is going to be a sad day for Franklin - he is getting part of his manhood removed. We have a vet North of the River that has an RV and he does all the work outside of your house in his RV. He has been doing it for years and I have heard great things about him. So, tomorrow is the big day for Franklin to undergo the knife. I am such a dork because I think I am going to be inside crying, while he is outside getting 'fixed.' I know that some of it may be my hormones, but most of it is just my cheesiness and love for my Bodanki!!! Frank and Daysia have become quite accustomed to mom being home all the time - especially Franklin since he is always my snuggle puppy. He is my lil' sidekick! And yes, he will still be spoiled when our lil' fella enters the family!!! Daysia will have it a little easier tomorrow and will be getting her annual shots and some medication to calm her down. We are going to try Melatonin, per the vet's recommendation, but are going to get a medication that will lightly sedate her. We want to make the transition to bringing our lil' man home as uneventful as possible! She is a great dog, she was just mistreated as a pup and has attention issues! We hope that she can get thru this 'seperation anxiety' so she can relax and not be so skiddish.
Anyways, I am rambling - possibly because I get NO social interaction! :) We will continue to keep you updated. Hopefully we will have a plan of action come Thursday night ... we are keeping our fingers crossed!!! I miss everyone at work and take care of yourselves - I hear the floor has been quite depressing lately ...
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Week 36 - Appointment/NST Round 1
Posted by Amber at 3/24/2009 06:20:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment