Yesterday was a relaxing day at the ol' hospital - surrounded by sunlight and multiple visitors. It was great to see people and have some social interaction! I am settling into this room as if I am at home. My mom was gracious enough to buy me a little fan - for noise and comfort - as well as a huge bag of snacks. She even brought Baby Smith his first Easter bunny (holding a baseball).
The middle of the night was a little more difficult with increased contractions and increased frequency. I have never felt pressure like I did last night. However, wouldn't you know that I had no cervical changes when they checked me at 1:00AM. Dr R ordered me some pain meds so that I could relax during these contractions. No stopping them with IV fluids because I was already on them! Nubain is wonderful ... I was watching the monitor, having contractions, and could not even feel them. It hit me and I was a happy girl! I called April at work many, many times. At one point, we even read about Baby Smith's astrological sign to find out what kind of person he will be - an Aries!
This morning Dr R set the big date ... March 31st! We are going to be induced tomorrow morning at 0400AM, break my water during early morning rounds, and let the fun begin! I am super scared, along with Jason, but am so happy to finally have a date and time. We are truely going to be kissing our lil' man tomorrow .... ewwwww ... I'm going to cry just thinking about it! Today is going to be a great day just knowing that tomorrow is going to be a life changing day for our family and families! I know it is easy to say now, but I am excited to get no sleep - I just want to see our son's face and learn his personality! My prediction - he is going to look like his father - spitting image - and even have his fathers personality.
We will keep you updated ... and hopefully have an annoucement for you within the next 36 hours or so!!! YEA, YEA, YEA ....
Monday, March 30, 2009
THE DATE IS SET!
Posted by Amber at 3/30/2009 06:52:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
No matter who he looks like or he has the personality of he will be a GREAT lil man and will be loved deeply!!!!
Brenda T
I'm so excited for you.
Yay!! I am so happy & excited for you! So surreal to think tomorrow at this time you will be holding your little guy in your arms! I will be thinking of you & hoping for a quick & easy delivery!
Wow, Amber, your little guy's birthday could be on the same day as Breckin's - March 31st! Phil, Ang and I will sure be thinking about you and Jason. Can't wait to read the next post!
Post a Comment