Sunday, March 29, 2009

Another day with little progress ....

Last night, Saturday night, I was having contractions in the evening, throughout the night, and into this morning every 6 hours. Only problem is that they would go away on their own. Today they got a little closer in time, every 4 hours. I had contractions every 4 to 6 minutes for 2 hours straight - but they stopped with IV fluids. They were wrapping around into my back, which made me think that it was real labor for real. Funny how everyone expects you to know when labor is real labor vs. false labor. If I wasn't sitting in the hospital being monitored, I would have made at least 4 trips to the hospital in the last 3 days - all to find out it was false labor!

Good news ... Dr R stopped by this morning and we had a long discussion. My platelets had dropped slightly again this morning, plus I am anemic. My blood pressure is still a major issue. We finally have a plan ... we are going to take it day by day. If my platelets continue to trend down, blood pressures continue to worsen, or my symptoms continue to get worse - he will begin induction that day. He then assured me that I "would not be pregnant on Friday." So we will be induced no later than Thursday and hopefully be parents no later than Friday!!!!

When he checked me this morning, I was advanced to 2 1/2 cm dilated and unchanged at 50% effaced. He thought we might be having a baby today, but that just isn't the case. Jason says that it will be tomorrow (Monday) night, while April's prediction is Tuesday. We will see - he just isn't sure about entering this crazy world! :) I will keep everyone posted and please continue to keep us in your prayers ...

1 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sorry your stuck in the hospital. But I am so excited to hear that your little guy will be here this week. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I can't wait to hear the good news! =)