Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Gift of Giving

Tanner with his shoes that are just like Jason's colorful shoes!



Kenz with her high school musical tote full of goodies!


Kenz aka Hannah Montana - with her microphone full of chapstick

Katie and I at Margarita's -- oh how I wish I could have that Margarita in her hand

Giving gifts and being surrounded by family and friends are my favorite part of the holidays! We were able to buy a few gifts for the special children in our lives. Unfortunately, we have had a few others added but have had to cut the funds. I figured that this would be the last year to give to the children, since we will now have one in our own family! I have been in Makenzie and Tanner's lives since Kenz was 3 or so. I have been a part of Jenna and Chases's lives since they were both born. And Ayden, the newest addition, has been a very special addition and is like a nephew to me. We have added Preston and Ethan into our circle of children this year. I love being surrounded by all of these children and try to spend quality time with each of them. However, I have not been so good at this for the last months. I love to watch each of them grow up and become the little person that they will be throughout their life. They are constantly changing, learning more and growing up so quickly. I am glad that I can be a part of each of their lives!

On another note, I also got to catch up with my friend, Katie. We have been friends for around 8 years and have been thru a lot together - boys, breakups, school, and graduation. She was my motivation for returning to school and then going on to Nursing school. She always offered an ear for listening (and complaining) and would always reassure me that I could make it to the end result - Graduation! Now here we are after all of those years and many changes - she is a travel nurse working in California and I am here working my dream job. We got together for lunch with some of her family and our friends. It was nice to play catch-up and see her again! Margaritas was super yummy!!!!

0 comments: