Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas with the Smith's

Franklin in his Christmas attire - 'Santa's Little Helper'

My lil' stretchy fella - he is getting longer and longer and .....

The Big Smith overalls for our Lil' Smith

The smallest pair of Nike's to add to his shoe collection!!!

Some of Baby Smith's presents - you think he is loved???


We had a wonderful christmas this year - especially in realization that we have our lil' man on the way! Crazy to think that this time next year we will have a 9 month old. The current lil' man of the house, Franklin, wore his appropriate christmas attire. Both dogs were enjoying treats and toys from their stockings early in the afternoon on Christmas Eve. However, after going to Jason's parents and both of my grandparents houses on Christmas Eve, we came home a house full of funk. Franklin had gotten sick and had other G.I. issues while he was stuck in his apartment (aka kennel). He immediately got a bath and we cleaned up his apartment. He was very shaky and was pukey. My poor little guy was really sick and worrying both Jason and I. Eventually after about an hour or so, he cuddled with mom and his stomach was settling. The only thing we could think of was the new treats that he had gotten for Christmas - poor guy! Daysia was herself, scared of everything surrounding her. She also enjoyed her treats and between the two dogs, had the stuffing torn out of one of their toys before we even left the house. These two love to play together!

Jason and I traded gifts - waiting later than normal. Jason gets very excited about opening gifts and giving me my gifts. Usually we are opening gifts days before Christmas Eve. I got him a really nice MU sweatshirt and a Best Buy gift card so that he could buy some contraption for his XBox that he has been wanting. I bought a Nike Air Jordan gift set and put "To: Daddy" and "From: your son." If you know Jason at all, he has an obsession for Nike shoes - colorful Nike shoes - and loves Jordan's. In fact, he has more pairs of tennis shoes that I do a full closet of shoes - and I am a woman! :)

Then Jason gave me my gifts. He was sooo excited because this was the first time that he hasn't had to ask me what I wanted. I had commented on many occasions that I was craving cheesy popcorn, so I got a big cannister full of 3 types of popcorn - including my cheesy popcorn. And on top, best of all, was a gift card for an hour and a half prenatal massage! I do not think I can even explain how excited I am to get this massage. I am planning on going next week to fulfill my needs! :)

For Christmas, we got a new digital camera/video camera that we were really hoping for. It is a Nikon 10 megapixel - much better than our Kodak 5 megapixel. It takes great pics and we cannot wait to use it to take numerous pics of our little miracle! Between the 2 of us, we also got MU gear, a sofa table I had been wanting, many odds and ends, money and gift cards. Baby Smith even had a great Christmas - especially since he has not even entered the world. Papa Tom made sure that he a pair of Nike's to wear first thing! And Papa Tom and Grandma Linda got him some 'Big Smith' overalls - enclosed was a note saying: "Big Smith's for our Lil' Smith." This was one of my favorite gifts because of the thought put into it - a tradition passed on from when Jason was younger and wore Big Smith overalls. He got some new outfits, a soft stuffed animal from Grandma and Grandpa Heiman, a frame that says "mommy & me," and many other odds and ends. I tried to get most of his gifts in the photo!!! Between his grandparents and his parents, this child is not going to have room to sleep in his room!!!! :)

0 comments: