Well we got thru the tough 6th week, which was when we miscarried in April. This was a bittersweet week - reading about our baby developing and remembering what this week was like and how we were feeling not to long ago. But WE MADE IT! We are on to week 7 and next Thursday (9/11) we will have our next ultrasound.
I have been reading about the baby's development each week, surprised at how fast things change, develop, and grow. This week our little beebe is beginning to develop limbs and vital organs. (S)he still has a little tadpole tail but the legs, knees and toes are forming. (S)he is the size of a single grape. The bones are starting to form and harden. The heart is currently bulging from the chest and the right and left chambers are forming. The face is beginning to develop characteristics - the eyes have some pigmentation and little eye lids are forming. The digestive system is beginning to form, while the umbilical cord is now providing nutrients and oxygen to the beebe. The exciting part is that the gender variation is beginning, however the genitals are not visible. So we will be waiting to see what color of cigars to purchase for a few more weeks! :)
Here are a few pictures of development of hands and feet this week:
Hands are developing at an amazing speed this week! Day 48
And this is the hand only 3 days later



Your baby's feet are developing at an amazing speed as well. (Day 51)
And this is the foot in week 8 (Day 60)
(I cannot wait to hold these little hands and tickle the little toes!!!!!)
I am really starting to take all of this in this week! I am still having morning sickness, mostly in the evening and night - but starting as soon as I wake up and before even moving. Not nearly as bad as it was, making it much easier to start to enjoy myself. I am able to eat a variety of foods now, still taking in no caffeine and trying to each healthy. I went to put a scrub top on last night and it didn't fit. It was a tighter fitting top, but the point is that I couldn't even breathe. I have only gained 2lbs so far - but that will all change!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Week 7 update
Posted by Amber at 9/03/2008 05:26:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
So glad to hear things are going well! We pray for Baby Smith every night:) That picture of the foot at 51 and 60 days is amazing! Simpy miraculous and there are hardly words. Lots of love!
Tiff
Post a Comment