Friday, August 29, 2008

The Results are in ...

We will be welcoming ONE little Baby Smith to our family! Yesterday we were able to see the lil' beebe and see the flickering of the heartbeat. Then, the doctor said "hold on" and flipped a switch to sound and we were able to hear the heartbeat. It was music to our ears!

The heartbeat was 120bpm and the beebe is about 2.3cm big. We go for our next ultrasound on Sept 11 to make sure everything is still on track. At that time, he will release me to go back to my OBGYN for the rest of my care. The predicted due date is one day earlier than I had predicted, so we are supposed to meet our lil' miracle on April 19th. This is a day before my parents wedding anniversary! :)

Last night we went to dinner with both of our parents and my grandma. At that time, we suprised them with ultrasound frames that had a picture of Baby Smith - the little blog at this time. The frames read "Our Little Blessing." Each time that we have an updated ultrasound, we will give them an updated picture to put in their frame!!!

We couldn't be happier, yet it seems sooooo surreal. I was so worried once we got there that something was going to be wrong or not end as we had hoped - but everything is fine and Dr.G said everything is on track!

Thanks for voting - it looks like 3 of you were correct! I was really suprised to see only one in there, but one is all it takes - our lil' miracle!!!

7 comments:

"The Verhulsts" said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
"The Verhulsts" said...

I'm so happy for you and look forward to tracking your journey! I've been saying lots of prayers and have checked his blog fanatically since yesterday. Lots of love to you guys and P.S. I said one girl:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!
I, like Tiff have been checking your site like crazy since yesterday! I am so happy for the both of you, God Bless!
Mindy Jo

Emily said...

Congrats Amber! I am very excited for you and Jason.

Amber said...

Thank you ladies! We are sooo excited. We know it is still early, but we are a little more hopeful after seeing and hearing the heartbeat! Sorry it took so long for me to post - it was a long day yesterday! I was out by 9:00. :)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS AMBER AND JASON!!!! You guys so deserve this and I am very excited for you! I too have been praying for you and I now am addicted to you blog! Keep us updated and let me know if there is anyhting I can do.


Heather

TM :) said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you... I thought for sure sextuplets were on the way, but one is all it takes;)