Follistim - the first medication
I woke up at 5:00 this afternoon feeling a little excited, yet nervous. Today was the first day that I would be giving myself my fertility injections. I kept finding different little things to do around the house to prevent me from having to do the injection at that time. If you know me at all - you know I can be a procrastinator!
After doing every little thing that I could think of, it was finally that time. So I got all my stuff out - my little black contraption that holds my 'pen,' needles and alcohol wipes (noted in the picture above). I drew up the medicine just as they had shown me in my class, attached the needle, set the dose to 100, cleaned my skin with an alcohol wipe and took a deep breath. Suddenly I began to feel nauseated and had to stop to get the trash can. I wiped off my skin again, counted to three and stabbed myself in my abdomen, then pushing the medication in. Funny that you never realize how hard it is to give yourself and injection and push the medication in too. I then sat there counting for 5 seconds, then pulled the needle out and felt the burn from the medicine!
I felt nauseated for the next couple hours, probably solely from the idea of giving myself an injection. To make it even worse, Jason was doing a charity for Big Brothers/Big Sisters after work and I was all by my lonesome. The dogs were staring at me the whole time - my only source of mental support! We have started our new venture and I must say that I do not look forward to doing this for the next week or so. However, if this is what I have to endure to add a little earth angel to our family - then so be it. We all know that I would do, and have tried, just about anything!!!! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment