Monday, July 21, 2008

The second ultrasound ...

Today I was lucky to venture to Olathe at 8:45 this morning - crossing the Paseo in rush hour. After an hour drive, with some great music, I finally arrived - and on time even better! The results of the ultrasound were: I have 2 follicles growing towards maturity - one at 10mm and the other at 13mm. I had labs drawn and will find out the results later this afternoon. The results of the ultrasound and labs will determine if I will stay on the same dose of injectables or if it will increase. Follicles are supposed to grow up to 1-3mm every day to reach maturity at 18mm. So we are on a forward moving road.



The plan is to continue the injectables until the follicles reach maturity - then doing a trigger shot to force my body to ovulate. I am currently on cycle day 7 and the injections normally last until around cycle day 10-12. The dr. suggests that we do artificial insemination to increase our odds, which will happen 36 hours after my trigger shot. I will then start Progesterone until 2 weeks after I ovulate, which will be discontinued if our little miracle happens! I have to get my blood draw on cycle day 27 to find out if this is our lucky month!

We are not getting overly excited about the news, however, we are trying to stay confident and cautiousily optimistic!

2 comments:

Whitney and Dustin said...

Yea!! Finally some good news! I will be keeping my fingers crossed that THIS is your lucky month!

"The Verhulsts" said...

Yay follicles!! I'll pray they keep growing. I have been praying for you! And as great as weekend option is, I never get to see you!