Today was my baseline ultrasound so that I can start my injectables. So I headed to the doctor thinking that we would for sure have no bad news; however, I was wrong. When looking at my ovaries during the ultrasound, the nurse stated that it looked like my ovaries were polycystic. This means that there are numerous fluid-filled cysts on my ovaries. Women with PCOS do great with injectables, so great that they get a much smaller dose to begin with. Although she cannot diagnose me as the nurse, she said she was going to discuss it with my doctor.
I am trying not to get discouraged - we are not even sure that this is the case. However, it would explain some of the problems we are having. And injectables are the treatment of choice with this diagnosis. They are going to call tomorrow with my dosage so that I can start the injections. It will be an interesting day for sure!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Seriousily?!?!?
Posted by Amber at 7/16/2008 02:00:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I wish you could catch a break!!! On the bright side maybe this has been the problem all along and now everyone will know how to go forward. On the down side, what else?!?! I am always thinking of you and praying that you will get some good news! I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be your month!
Post a Comment