I have another appt tomorrow with my RE, Dr.G - this will be CD 10. I will have the normal bloodwork and u/s done to check those developing follicles - hoping they are to the mature size. My estradiol level on Monday (CD 7) was 239. I have been doing some research and for every 200, that means you have a mature follicle. For example, if your level is 400, you may have 2 mature follies. However, some of the smaller follicles that are growing may also make that number rise too. The dr uses my u/s to measure the follies and the estradiol level to see if the info coincides. If they are not matching up, there could be another issue - maybe a cyst or other problem.
So on CD 7, my follicles were 10mm and 13mm, not quite mature (mature being 18mm) - but hopefully the have been growing over the last few days. I have been reading tons of message boards and getting some encouraging news regarding my numbers from my last appointment on Monday. I am sooooo ready to go tomorrow and am excited to hopefully get some great news! We are due for some good news, for sure. This whole process is a constant waiting game: waiting to get your monthly visitor, waiting to start your injections, waiting for your appointments every 3-4 days, waiting for your results, waiting for your follicles to grow, and then the ABSOLUTE WORST - the 2 week wait to see if you are going to have your little earth angel! But, I guess at least we always have something to look forward to.
The injections have been going really good - getting a little easier as each night passes. The needle is the size of an insulin needle, which is harmless. However, the medication burns when you inject it and you can feel it moving around for 10-15 minutes. No major side effects at this point - just nightmares every time I go to sleep. They are pretty severe and make me uneasy once I wake up. But as I have told everyone, if this is the worst thing I have to experience - so be it! I told a friend that when Baby Smith arrives, he/she is not going to get anything for his/her first christmas because conceiving them took all the christmas money! :) But c'mon, do you really think that would actually happen?!?!?!? :)
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Anticipation is a killer.
Posted by Amber at 7/23/2008 04:43:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I will be thinking of you today & I am keeping my fingers crossed for Good News! Good Luck!
Post a Comment