Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Clomid Update ....



I am sooooo happy to report that I did not have any bad side effects to my Clomid - even Jason agrees! :) The only side effect I has was trouble sleeping, but I just made it up later. So one down - one to go!

Tomorrow I will start my Estradiol (not Progesterone, as I had previously thought). Thru research, I have found out that the Estradiol, a form of estrogen, is given to help the follicles grow to an adequate size and maturity. The Clomid/Estradiol approach is to help me: 1) ovulate sooner 2) develop more follicles (aka eggs) 3) make the maturity of the egg adequate enough to go thru ovulation! Estradiol has some side effects that are mild, such as, nausea/vomiting, swelling, bloating, loss of appetite, and tenderness and swelling of breasts <- which wouldn't be so bad! :)
Estrogen also reduceds the chance of miscarriage.

I am really looking forward to my appointment on Monday to see how many follicles are to maturity and how many we think will be ovulated. I feel like I wake up every day and am getting to finally do something to help this infertility issue. I have something to look forward to! Keep your fingers crossed, as usual. I will post an update on Monday! Have a great week!!!!

0 comments: