Well as many of you know, Jason and I were starting fertility treatment but I ended up getting pregnant. We have decided to start where we left off and are going to try a few months of using the medications only. Today I started my first round of Clomid and Progesterone regimen. I will take Clomid for 5 days, then Progesterone for 5 days. I then have to get a monthly ultrasound to check to see how many eggs I ovulate and how many are mature enough to ovulate and develop. We decided to start using meds without artificial insemination since we now know that we are able to get pregnant. If we haven't gotten pregnant in 2-3 months using this plan, we will add artificial insemination to the mix.
I was a little anxious, worried and overwhelmed when I popped that first pill into my mouth. There are many undesired side effects to Clomid, most women having at least some side effect. The most common are all similar to menopause symptoms: severe mood swings, hot flashes, increased appetite, bloating, and weight gain. Hopefully I will not have any experiences with any of these; however, if it lasted for the 5 days only, I will make it thru.
Keep your fingers crossed for us! We are hoping to have to do this for only one or two months!
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Let the fun begin!!!
Posted by Amber at 6/07/2008 02:38:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment