Well as most of you know, I had my first Dr's appointment today - after completing my first cycle of Clomid. An ultrasound is done to check and see how many follicles have developed, and the maturity (size) of follicles existing. The follicle houses the egg, which in turn spits the egg out for ovulation. If the follicle is immature, the chances of pregnancy are slim. The condition of the follicle determines the condition of the egg, therefore, if the follicle is immature then the egg will not be good quality.
So, with that said, I am on my Cycle Day 12 (Cycle Day 1 beginning the first day that my girly visitor reared her head). I took the Clomid from days 3-7 and Estradiol from day 8-12. My ultrasound shows 2 follicles (yes, two!) that are 10mm and 11mm in size. I have many more that are around 8mm as well. Since I naturally ovulate on my own, they are hoping that I will ovulate around Cycle Day 16 (as I normally would on a natural cycle without Clomid). The follicles are not fully matured yet, but if I do ovulate on Cycle Day 16 (which would be Friday), or around that time, I will have a few more days to let the follicles grow - making even better odds for a + result.
I have another ultrasound scheduled for Friday, to see if the follicles have grown! They should grow 1-2mm per day, and will be considered mature if around or above 18mm. If I happen to show + for ovulating sooner, they will schedule the ultrasound earlier. I have a good feeling about this month, but I am not getting overly excited! I was very anxious and nervous about this appointment today - but all went GREAT! Please keep us in your prayers - we hope this is our month!!!
Monday, June 16, 2008
UPDATE - Great News!!! :)
Posted by Amber at 6/16/2008 06:14:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment