

The big announcement for the week - Evan has his first tooth! I swear he has been teething since he was 3 months old, but it finally decided to show. It is mostly the edges poking out, at this point, but you can most definitely feel it! It is poking out of the bottom - the rest of his gums are hard to prepare for more.
He has now mastered rolling from his stomach to his back, and has had a few rolls from back to front. He is able to sit up for longer, but still unable to balance himself once he starts to sip. He LOVES his sippy cup and is actually using it daily. He has enjoyed moving to his 2nd foods and has yet to find a food that he does not like. His new favorite are Mangos! He has also started chewing on teething biscuits. The cutest part is seeing him after he is done eating it - it is caked all over his face, in his hair, eyelashes, and everywhere else you can think of. We have moved up to 6 oz bottles and are eating food twice a day! At our 6 month appointment, a couple weeks ago, we learned that Evan will be able to use a convertible car seat once he is 20 lbs. He is nearly out of his current seat and weighed 19lbs 6oz at this appointment. We are going to move him to his next seat around Christmas time.
He has his Genetics appointment at Children's Mercy on Friday. I am looking forward to this appointment - in hopes they will tell us we can stretch out his eating to every 5 or 6 hours, instead of every 4 hours. Waking up every 4 hours is taking a toll on everyone in this house. Evan is becoming a light sleeper, waking up at 4AM and staying up for Daddy (when I am at work). Flipping from nights to days, for my job, is really having an effect on me. I am constantly nauseated and having daily headaches. I am looking into possibilities to change my schedule, or maybe venture into a different field of pediatric nursing. This is a long, hard decision that will have to be made, so I am not wanting to rush the process. I need to find a solution that is best for my family, my marriage, and my health. Oh how I would love to have the freedom to work one day a week! :)
We are excited to celebrate Evan's first Halloween. My mom and I took him to the Pumpkin Patch, and he had a blast. We rode the train and hayride, picked our pumpkins, took funny pictures, looked at all the animals, and had a great time! I have been waiting to spend this special time with my own little person for a loooong time. It was how I envisioned it - he enjoyed himself. He giggled over and over again at the geese ... it was hilarious! Evan is going to get his Halloween pictures taken tomorrow, which I am super excited about. We have slacked on getting our pictures taken, since I take a million pictures myself. But, we are going to get his 6 month pictures taken and get some in his Halloween costume .... a Missouri Tiger costume! I had to make some major adjustments, but I am really excited to see him in it.
At this point, life is hectic and I have less time to update this blog. I will continue to do my best to keep it updated every couple of weeks - which means there will be plenty to talk about and many pictures to share. We like to refer to our life as sweet chaos. We are enjoying our little man and look forward to all the new things that we will experience in our lives!!!









0 comments:
Post a Comment