I guess it is that time of the year for everyone to pass sickness around to each other. Well that is exactly what is happening in my household. Jason started feeling sick last Tuesday and by Thursday evening, he was out for the count. He had already planned on taking Friday off, however, we thought we were going to be having a fun weekend together, getting things done around the house. But there were other plans in store! Jason layed on the couch from Thursday evening to Sunday afternoon - suffering from stuffiness, headache, dizziness, and no energy! He slept most of the weekend and is still getting over the last of the stuffiness.
Then it all started for me on Wednesday night with a slightly sore throat. Thursday, during the day, my sore throat felt fine but I was starting to feel stuffy and had a couple episodes of dizziness. I went to work on Thursday night, hoping it was going to pass quickly, due to me taking vitamins for the first time in my life. However, on Friday morning, I started feeling really stuffy, my sore throat started to reappear, and I had a really bad headache. I came home and slept as much as I could, still trying to breathe. I ended up calling in on Friday night to rest and hopefully return to work on Saturday, however, it has just gotten worse. I ended up going to the Minute Clinic on Friday afternoon, where the nurse practitioner ended up doing a strep test and cultured my throat. I have strep and she thinks the beginning of the flu. I am a little angry because she didn't give me an antibiotic, saying that they would know the results of the culture in 24 hours and would then call me in an antibiotic. After hearing nothing from them yesterday, I called them back and they informed me that the culture could take up to 72 hours. This means that I am on no antibiotics and all they gave me was some throat swish with lidocaine. So I sit waiting, no one wants to put me on unneeded antibiotics and are afraid to prescribe anything since I am pregnant. Damn people!
So since Friday afternoon, I have slept (or should I say 'napped') endlessly! I am getting stir crazy and officially have left an indention in my couch! :) I am feeling a little better today and look forward to returning to work. But then, I was told that I couldn't return because I hadn't been on antibiotics for 24 hours. I am upset because now I am stuck at home again. I am upset with the people at the Minute Clinic and think I will be writing them a note. I do not want to go to work and make everyone sick, but I am feeling better and do not want to take any more time. I was thinking I would be able to go in if I wore a mask or something. Uggghhhh!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Two weekends in solitude!
Posted by Amber at 2/22/2009 01:48:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment