Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mission: Project Nursery

Apes with her special level laser decoder glasses - looking hot as ever!!!


Me at my best - house shoes and all! Ignore that I am standing on a chair ...


Just a little memory ...


The painting is completed!!!!

And the closet is expanded and freshened up with a new coat of paint!


Well, as most of you know, the project of completing the nursery started last weekend! April and I were a team for the day - attempting to paint the nursery without causing too many problems. But, of course, due to our luck - we had issues from the beginning. Trying to tape stripes seems as though it should be simple, especially with the use of a laser level. But, we somehow managed to be off on the measurements - even after it took 2 hours to tape the walls the first time. With a little shimmy here and there, we were able to fix the problem within 30 minutes or so. We then took a break to enjoy the best chinese ever!!!!

Then back to work, we started painting and the brown was not covering very well and there were roller lines galore. But we kept striving on, in hopes that the situation would work out (which is later did). A project that seemed that it should take no more than 6 hours ended up taking more like 12 hours! Leave it to me and April to make a fun day of this experience. I feel blessed to have become great friends with April and am excited to have a special story to share now, as well!

2 comments:

Whitney and Dustin said...

Looks Good!!! The strip looks perfect!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your choices for the nursery! How cute! Glad you pregnancy is going so well. We will continue to keep your family in our prayers. So far still no baby for us. I think we are going to go to RE in June. I hope you have a fantastic and easy 3rd trimester! :)