Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dr Appointment Update

Today I went in for my 22 week appointment - everything looking great! My lil' man is as feisty as his father and would not let us listen to his heartbeat. He was kicking like crazy and I warned the nurse beforehand. She took about 5 minutes to get a close to accurate heart rate - we are beating around 160 bpm. Therefore, the theory that a boys heart rate is 140 and below went out the window!

My excitement in the room was waiting for the Dr to see me. I was leaning back on the table, watching my belly and I actually saw my belly move when he kicked. It was great! Funny how those little things make you sooo excited! So we are going to see if Jason can feel him kick tonight during his routine workout around 10:00pm.

With the excitement came the downer of having to get straight cathed to get an accurate urine specimen that was not contaminated. I explained that I wanted to refuse having it, but she stated that it was important to get at least one good sample and I haven't given them any they could use up to this point. So, with the excitement came the discomfort of having that done. I will know the results once they run the tests.

Lastly, they decided to change my due date for the 3rd time. I am now said to be due on April 21st, instead of April 19th. As if it is going to make any difference when it is only 2 days! The perinatologist stated that I was 1 week ahead, so we will see how all of that plays out. However, the doctor was very pleased with my weight. I have only gained 4lbs since my first appointment. I was a little concerned about this, however, she says that I am at an excellent growing rate! I am just wondering how I have only gained 4lbs with this huge growth protruding from my abdomen! :)

So overall everything looked great, we are just waiting to hear the urine results!

0 comments: