Tuesday, December 16, 2008

22 weeks and counting ...

Well today is the 22 week mark for Baby Smith! Life has gotten much easier for me - less 'morning' sickness and more energy. I have started taking Flinstone vitamins since I am unable to take prenatal vitamins due to sickness. I have felt much better and am enjoying the pregnancy much more at this point (although I am ready to hold my baby in my arms). He kicks all the time now, but you still cannot feel the kick from the outside of my belly. I am really looking forward to the first time that Jason gets to feel that lil' foot kick!

At 22 weeks, he is about 8 inches long and has reached the 1 lb. mark! He now has a sense of touch and is able to grasp onto things - maybe mommy's bladder! ha ha He is able to sense light and dark much better, even with fused together eyelids. Eyelashes and eyebrows have formed, however they have no pigment so all his hair is white. He is able to sense sound, therefore he is able to hear our voices, my heartbeat, my stomach gurgling, and the swoosh of blood circulating through my body. Funny to think - how does the child ever relax and sleep with all that noise?

So the ongoing joke now is that we are going to name our son Cornelius, with a nickname of Corny. Jason and I do not agree on names at this point, so we are referring to him as Cornelius - just another one of Jason's funny nicknames. Our plan has been to come up with two names to take into delivery and name his once we see his sweet face; however, we cannot even find one name at this point. We have four more months to go, so I think we are still in the clear for now! :)

I have another appointment on Thursday so I will keep everyone updated, as usual!

1 comments:

"The Verhulsts" said...

Soooo glad you are feeling better!! And I agree, boys names ARE hard!! Good luck:)