Well last night I got a wild hair to pee on a stick! :) It seems that I am not the only one who is obsessed with doing this. I took a test last night to see if the trigger shot was still in my system. I got the faintest positive I have ever seen. I had to get in a bright light and look really, really hard - but I know it was there. So this morning, I used another to see if the line today would be gone or lighter (if that is possible). However, it was darker and I did not even have to squint to see it.
Here's the kicker .... If the trigger (causing my HCG to read positive on the pregnancy test) was still in my system, I could take a test each day and it would get LIGHTER each day. Until eventually it will be out of my system. Then, if we are pregnant, the line will then reappear and get darker every day. BUT the ones that I have taken were lighter yesterday and very visable today.
So after doing some research, the earliest that most pregnancy tests can detect HCG is 7 days post ovulation. Today is 6 days post ovulation. However, I read many posts where people had a faint + at 6 dpo and it ended up being correct. With that said, these people had twins or triplets - causing the HCG to be elevated early on.
So I am going to pee on another stick tomorrow to see what the result is. I am not getting my hopes up, but a part of me cannot help but be a little optimistic. I have been saying that I feel this is going to be our month since we found out we had 6 follicles. I have been much less stressed and have enjoyed this cycle way more than others. I will give you all an update of tomorrows results. Thank God the $1 tree has pregnancy tests so that I am not going broke with my obsession. And yes, they are just as reliable as the $7 tests. As always .... keep your fingers crossed!!!!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Not getting my hopes up .... but .... !
Posted by Amber at 8/02/2008 01:02:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yeah!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed! I am hoping and praying that this is your month. Maybe twins will be in order?!?!? That would be so exciting!
On another note my monthly visitor appeared this morning, in full force I might add!! So here we go again, Cycle day #1. Monday I will have the glucose/insulin test done and my estradol and fsh levels drawn for CD#3. Then this coming Friday I am going in for the saline sonograpy.
Post a Comment