Friday, July 25, 2008

Talking with the Nurse

This morning I called to speak to Dr.G, whom is out of the office with surgeries and such. So I spoke to the nurse with some questions. After a long and hard discussion last night, we decided that we are not canidates for selective reduction. I cannot imagine praying for this blessing for so long and then terminating it for selfish reasons. With that said, I questioned if the chance of multiples would decrease if we decided to skip the trigger shot and did natural intercourse instead of the artificial insemination. Much to my hopes, there is no reduction in the chances for multiples.

Jason and I would be accepting of twins at this point. When I questioned her on chances and percentages, she said that there was a 1% chance of conceiving triplets or higher. She also added that the chance of having high order multiples was almost unheard of. When asked if we tried to decrease the dose next month and discontinued this cycle (per Jason's questioning) she said that it could possibly decrease the number of follicles produced, however, it could also increase or give us no result at all. The ovaries are tricky and there is not telling what they are going to do.

So, we still have to make the decision, but with a little more education. As always, I will keep you posted on the details!

0 comments: