Sunday, July 27, 2008

And the decision is ...

After a long couple of days and many, many emotions on both of our behalf, Jason and I have decided to move forward with this cycle. Although the risk of high order multiples seems great with 6 follicles, studies that I have read stated that it is a mere 1-2% of having triplets or more. As stated before, we are accepting of twins, but Jason is not wanting the financial issues involved with having triplets.

Any decision that we made was taking some sort of risk, and this seemed to be the better risk to take. Besides, you can have 6 follicles and still not get pregnant. We had originally decided to cancel the cycle, however, after having more time to think, all I could think was how much we have been waiting for this to happen, maybe not under these circumstances, but it is here and this is a risk worth taking. I felt 100% about moving forward, while Jason had some reservations. In the end, I know that we would cancel the cycle and I would always regret it and wonder what would have happened. If we did have 2 or more at once, it would still be a better outcome that wondering for the rest of our lives!

So as we move forward with this cycle, we decided not to do the IUI aka artificial insemination and instead do it naturally - the fun way! :) I have read that you decrease the risk of multiples DRASTICALLY if choosing to 'baby dance' instead. I am due to be ovulating in the next 12 hours or so, very exciting!!!! Deep down we are both scared, but we know this is the right decision. I tend to believe that God would not give us more than we could handle. We are surrounded by many great people who would be more than supportive and helpful, if needed. Time will only tell when we cross that bridge.

Please keep us in your prayers, praying that this is our lucky month! At least I will have peace of mind knowing that we tried it, even if we do get a negative pregnancy result this cycle! Thanks to all of my family, friends and work buds who have listened to me rationalize this decision - giving me a little peace of mind and finding out what others would do in my situation!

1 comments:

luckyduck said...

I will be waiting to hear how things go for you! If you dont mind, Im going to add you to my blogroll, Im from ivillage! :)