Friday, June 20, 2008

And another bust.

So I went in for my US today - cycle day 16 - to see if I had ovulated since Monday or if I was still going to ovulate. My follicles were previously 10mm and 11mm and quite a few other smaller follicles - today there is only 1 and it is 8mm. They are not considered mature until they are measuring 18mm. So either I ovulated before my Monday appt and what we saw were leftover follicles, or the follicles did not ovulate yet and are too small to be viable. If this occurs, the follicles are reabsorbed by the ovaries and disappear. They drew a Progesterone lab today - which will tell us if I have indeed ovulated yet. However, I will be waiting all weekend to get my lab results .... uuugh!

My fertility specialist is either going to put me on a higher dose of Clomid (150mg) - or start a different med called Letrozole (aka Femera). Here is some info on it:

"When a woman uses Femara for infertility, the medicine is taken for a few days near the beginning of the menstrual cycle. Temporarily decreasing the amount of estrogen in the body sends a message to the brain to increase the production of substances that stimulate the ovaries. This often causes ovulation in women who do not normally ovulate or who do not ovulate regularly."

Not sure of the plan of action at this point, but I am sure he will let me know after the results come back on Monday. I was told that I have 'unexplained fertility' at this point. They are not sure what the problem is, but are hoping to find it soon ... I couldn't agree more! Today was really hard for me since I thought I was going to leave with a positive outlook - however, I instead left in tears.

I'm not sure if knowing the problem or not knowing is worse. I know that either way it sucks and I am just sick of it. All I want is some good news and something to look forward to at this point. Sickening that now all I want my monthly visitor to hurry and come so we can start all of this over again! I am sooooo sick of the waiting game - patience is definitely not a virtue of mine (if you know me - you already know this)! It is all overwhelming and putting a huge dent in our pocket book - and we are only 1 month into it. Hopefully things will start looking up for us!

Thanks again for all the support and thoughts! I will post about lab results on Monday!

1 comments:

Whitney and Dustin said...

I am so sorry you did not get good news today. Hopefully the progesterone lab will tell them something. I HATE that we have to endure this!!! Remember I am here if you need anything or just want to talk.