Well I bet you can guess that I got absolutely NO sleep last night -with the excitement stiring inside. I woke up first thing to take the test again. I got into the shower, thinking this would pass the time that I would have to wait to see the results. And when I looked, IT WAS POSITIVE with a little darker line. As I headed up the steps, Jason is awake (which is a mere miracle in itself at this time) and asks, "so what's the verdict?" I ran into the bedroom and told him I thought we were pregnant.
But even after 4 tests, we were still hesitant in saying we were definately preggo. So I went to my class for work and after went to my best friend, Christina's house, to tell her and her sister Hannah the news. They were ecstatic and it felt so surreal. We are still all in disbelief so we went to the store and bought a 2 pack of digital pregnancy tests. I am thinking that if the word "pregnant" appears - I will feel much more confident.
So I take the test and it in fact says "PREGNANT!" This made me a little more confident and I called Jason, yet again! I called my fertility specialist to ask some questions - whom confirmed that any line is a positive and digital tests are >99% accurate. We were going to wait until Mother's Day to tell our parents; however, as you can guess that didn't happen at all. Jason was soooo excited to tell his parents, which made me even more excited to tell our parents - so we did!
We first told my parents, who just celebrated their wedding anniversary yesterday. My mother had given my grandmother a doll that said "hello grandma and grandpa" when she got pregnant with me, to tell her parents. So I had the doll, wrapped it up to make them think it was an anniversary present and took it to their house! I borrowed a video cam so we could get it on video tape.
We then headed to Jason's parents house to tell them the great news! We sat and talked and then Jason says, "we have something we need to talk to you about" and they both look puzzled. Jason then says, " we were wondering how you would feel about being called grandma and grandpa?" They were soooo excited. This will be the first grandchild on both sides, making it a little more special!
I have been waiting for this day for so long, it all seemed like a dream. It still hasn't hit me completely. Now I am just praying that all goes well as it is expected! Today is in fact the day!!!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Will today be the day?
Posted by Amber at 4/21/2008 11:36:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment