Another project I tackled were the organization of my recipe binders. In the last year or so, I started to enjoy making different meals for our family. Although I am not the best cook, I can follow the recipes directions and make a few changes when necessary. Therefore, the recipe binder project took place.
Once again, I purchased my binders, clear plastic page protectors, page dividers and all my recipes. I gathered all my recipes, divided them into appropriate categories and let the fun begin! I decided to type out any of the recipes that were small, handwritten or ripped. And then the binders were created ....
Recipe Binder #1: Main Dishes, Sides and Desserts
Just as stated above, it contains all of the recipes for the main dishes, sides and desserts. In the front of each category, I created a list of each of the recipes that were in that category. For the main dishes, I divided the recipes into beef, chicken, Pork, Fish & Misc. This is WONDERFUL because I can flip to these pages and take a quick look to decide what to make using whichever type of meat.
 |
| Simple enough ... |
|
|
|
 |
| Quick look of side dish recipes |
 |
| Organized and protected in plastic sheets |
 |
| Typed out recipes |
Recipe Binder #2: Breakfast, Smoothies, Weight Watchers, Evan's Food, Appetizers, Soups, Fun Foods, Holiday Food & Craft Ideas
This binder holds all the other recipes that we use in our house - just not as often as recipes in the previous binder. Included are breakfast recipes, smoothie recipes, Weight Watchers foods and lists, foods for Evan, appetizers, soups, fun themed foods (my favorite category), holiday foods and treats and craft ideas. Silly to have the crafts in here, but I did not need a separate binder for this currently. However, after the numerous hours spent on Pinterest over the last four months, this is going to be one of my
future projects ... a craft binder with all the Pinterest ideas that I have pinned.
 |
| Recipe Binder #2 |
 |
| Craft/Gift Idea section |
 |
| Holiday Treats are arranged for each holiday |
 |
| Part of the halloween section |
|
|
Another project completed and so much easier than searching for all the loose recipes. Having the binders organized like this has made it easier for me to decide what to make each night. My weekly meal planning take me only a few minutes. Used in combination with my grocery checklist, it is saving more time than I imagined. And it has made making meals even more fun because I am constantly trying out new recipes. Seems as though we are never eating the same meals ... which I like. And remember, whenever you find a recipe that the family doesn't like - PITCH IT! No sense in keeping ahold of recipes you are not going to use - and it gives you more room for the new recipes.
As part of this wonderful organizing journey ... I will share some of the recipes that we try and are too good not to pass on!!! Check back ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment