Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to Evan and Mommy!

HAPPY 3 MONTH BIRTHDAY EVAN!!!


Evan's 2nd swim - complete with his stud glasses!


Evan's best friend, Ayden, on our swimming date!


Napping under his makeshift tent for shade.


Daddy couldn't get his shirt off over his head. Mommy's
Michelin man!!!


Evan getting ready for bed


Our new doggie PJ's


The sweetest face ...


Playing with his hands, as always!


His new Jumperoo - he still has some growing to
do before touching the ground!


Looking up at his birdie


Hanging out in his bouncer.


Peek-a-boo


Relaxing in his boppy

A shirt like Daddy's - "I love Nike's ...just like my daddy!!"

Playing in his boppy!


Today is mommy's birthday ... and Evan's 3 month birthday! I have teared up a few times today, just thinking about how fast the time is passing. When people tell you "they grow up fast," you cannot even comprehend how fast it really does go by. Although many hours of the last 3 months have been a blur, and I continue to do some silly things, it is a special day - but so bittersweet! It is overwhelming to think that we quite possibly are not going to ever go through this experience again (if it is up to Jason), so I have been trying to take each and every moment it. We continue to try to adjust, figure things out, and be the best parents that we can be!

Evan has turned into a little cuddler, even more. He likes to cuddle and suck on your arm! Yumm! We have FINALLY found something to keep this child entertained - his rainforest jumperoo. He is still too small and cannot reach the floor, but after tucking a blanket and helping him bounce - he loves it! And he look sooo cute in it!!!

He has started to giggle and is smiling much more often. He has his whiny days, but overall, he does not cry that much at all. I guess we have hit that 3 month magical mark that everyone has told me about. (April ... you were sooooo right!) He is becoming much more fun and able to play on his own. He loves to kick mommy and laugh. We have been to the swimming pool twice and he seems to enjoy it. The warmer the water gets, the better it will be! He is my little water baby!!!

Let's see .... he has been drooling like crazy for the past 2 weeks, so I am wondering if his first tooth will be coming in the next couple of weeks! I read that many babies get their first tooth around 4 months - can't wait for the fussiness that goes with that whole process! :) At our last dr. appointment, he weight 13lbs and 12oz. He is a growing boy! He is going through a container of formula in 5 days. Mommy and daddy are going to have to get second jobs to feed this boy! :) He is finally beginning to take naps, although he takes 3-4 thirty minute naps a day. I do not have the luxury of getting an hour or two by myself during nap time. I have been wanting to start an exercise routine, but he just is not going to let me! I have accepted that he just isn't a great nap-taker and we are doing much better. Those short naps are better than none at all! Oh, the life of motherhood and adjusting!!! :)

As always, we will continue to keep you updated each week. I have another post in store, but Evan is waking and not going to let mommy finish until later! Take care!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber,
Sorry I did not call to tell you Happy Birthday yesterday! It is great to hear that you and Jason are enjoying Evan and life as parents. For ever bad day there are sooooo many good days that it is easy to forget the bad ones.
Love,
Aunt B

Emily said...

Happy B-day Amber! Hope things continue to be "fun" and not too stressful for you guys.