with a MU shirt and Nike shoes!
Hard to believe that another week has passed by! And another week closer to me having to return to work. I have really been dreading each day passing by because it is one day closer to me going back to work. I am looking forward to getting back to a normal schedule, seeing my friends and coworkers, and seeing my patients and families. However, I am a little apprehensive about returning to work, which means Jason will be home alone with E.T.! I know that Jason can take care of him, I am just protective of my lil' man and want everything to go well for the both of them. I am nervous because Evan is getting up every 2 hours and Jason will be working a full day after being up a lot of the night! At least when he is waking me up now, I am able to stay home during the day - taking little or no concentration or focus. I know everything will work out - I am normal mother worrying! :)
This last week has been good, yet trying! Evan is a snacker and likes to eat 2 ounces, fall 'asleep' and then wake up 20 minutes later - ready to eat again! I am not sure how to break this cycle because he is unconsolable when he is ready to eat. In fact, when I start to hear him stir, I get his bottle ready - therefore he will not scream at the top of his lungs upon waking up! The kid is a bottomless pit and eats and eats and eats ....
This week he has really started to focus on people's faces and objects. He will follow you with his eyes, if you move! He has started to grasp onto my hands when I am feeding him. I will feel a little hand patting my arm, from time to time, when I am putting him to sleep - while I am patting his back! He is mimicing more each day - really trying to figure out his tongue. And his head control is getting even stronger and he is able to hold his head up if you are sitting him up. He loves to make noises - we are always hearing how alert and noisy he is! He is going to be a smart boy!!! And even better, he is smiling more and more each day! He continues to smile at mommy and daddy - even more than last week! I LOVE IT!!!! I am still trying to get that perfect picture of his smile. I posted the picture of him in his daddy's hat - the best picture of a smile that we have so far. Mommy is taking tons of pictures - trying to get that smile on camera!
We made our first official family trip to the grocery store! Evan was strapped to his mommy, in his carrier, and he slept the entire time! I felt horrible because the store was FREEZING and mommy forgot his blanket at home. Note to self: Don't forget the blanket when going to the grocery store!
It is hard to believe that next week, Evan will have been a part of our family for 2 months! It is already somewhat hard to remember what life was like before he came. Life hasn't really changed all that much - other than my main focus is to Evan, then Jason, and then the dogs! Aside from bathtime, my favorite times with Evan are when we are alone and ''talking'' and when him and his daddy are playing! There is no better feeling than seeing the two people you love, most in the world, together and loving each other! I love having a family and look forward to each and every new day!
This last week has been good, yet trying! Evan is a snacker and likes to eat 2 ounces, fall 'asleep' and then wake up 20 minutes later - ready to eat again! I am not sure how to break this cycle because he is unconsolable when he is ready to eat. In fact, when I start to hear him stir, I get his bottle ready - therefore he will not scream at the top of his lungs upon waking up! The kid is a bottomless pit and eats and eats and eats ....
This week he has really started to focus on people's faces and objects. He will follow you with his eyes, if you move! He has started to grasp onto my hands when I am feeding him. I will feel a little hand patting my arm, from time to time, when I am putting him to sleep - while I am patting his back! He is mimicing more each day - really trying to figure out his tongue. And his head control is getting even stronger and he is able to hold his head up if you are sitting him up. He loves to make noises - we are always hearing how alert and noisy he is! He is going to be a smart boy!!! And even better, he is smiling more and more each day! He continues to smile at mommy and daddy - even more than last week! I LOVE IT!!!! I am still trying to get that perfect picture of his smile. I posted the picture of him in his daddy's hat - the best picture of a smile that we have so far. Mommy is taking tons of pictures - trying to get that smile on camera!
We made our first official family trip to the grocery store! Evan was strapped to his mommy, in his carrier, and he slept the entire time! I felt horrible because the store was FREEZING and mommy forgot his blanket at home. Note to self: Don't forget the blanket when going to the grocery store!
It is hard to believe that next week, Evan will have been a part of our family for 2 months! It is already somewhat hard to remember what life was like before he came. Life hasn't really changed all that much - other than my main focus is to Evan, then Jason, and then the dogs! Aside from bathtime, my favorite times with Evan are when we are alone and ''talking'' and when him and his daddy are playing! There is no better feeling than seeing the two people you love, most in the world, together and loving each other! I love having a family and look forward to each and every new day!










2 comments:
Glad to hear everything is going so well. Just remember you are a mother and it is our job to worry non stop.
E.T. is quite the little man and you and Jason are great parents. Your family has so much to look forward to. Take care of each other, love each other and you will all do just fine.
Love all of you!!
Aunt B
Amber cherish each moment , the good the bad and the ugly. Every night when I rock the B-man to sleep I know that I will look back when he's graduating from high school wishing he is that little again just so I can hold him one more time. Evan is such a cute little guy we should get together and let them play sometime... well more or less Brennan play and get to know his little cousin. You can come over here and relax in the nice a/c! Hope all is well and we love you!
-Jeanette
Post a Comment