Mommy and Evan on Mother's Day morning!!!

Me, Evan, and my mommy with her flower pot Evan gave her!

Picture frames Evan gave to his Great Grandma's!

What my charm necklace will look like ... engraved with Evan's
name and birthdate on the back!!!
name and birthdate on the back!!!

This is the face and big blue eyes I wake up to every morning ....

Sunday, I was able to celebrate my 1st Mother's Day! A day that I have been longing to celebrate for sooo long! It is quite amazing that a year ago, Mother's Day was an extremely hard day for me due to having a miscarriage just weeks before. And a year later, I have our little miracle in my arms, finally celebrating being a Mother.
Jason, Evan, and I had reservations to go to brunch at Grand Street Cafe! My favorite place to eat. The brunch was buffet-style with unlimited fruit bar, seafood bar, 3 carved meat, bacon, potatoes, pancake and french toast bar, and dessert bar. It was fabulous! I ate sooo much - Jason found it quite intriguing that I ate so much! :) I also got a peresonalized mommy charm necklace. I have to wait 2 weeks for it to be made, and I am sooo excited to get it! I will post an example of what it will look like.
Evan gave his grandmother's a flower pot that said 'I love Grandma' - complete with his footprints on the back! And he gave his great grandma's a picture frame with a sweet picture of him! They were all so thankful. I knew they would rather have something from him than me! :)
These last 5 weeks have been overwhelming and a blur, at times! However, this day made it all worth it. It was wonderful to have people tell me Happy Mother's Day. I am blessed that God chose for me to be Evan's mommy (although it is very trying at times!)! I am really trying to work on my patience and trying to enjoy every moment - even the not-so-great moments! It is completely amazing to me how different he is within the last five weeks of his life and I do not want to have any regrets or miss anything. So ... I am working on being grateful for every moment that we spend together! Any mother knows how hard this can be ... a work in progress!!!! :) When it is all said and done, I wouldn't let anyone take this experience from me. I know that every time he looks up at me with those beautiful blue eyes - it will all get better with time and things will work out!
0 comments:
Post a Comment