Monday, October 6, 2008

Meet our Newest Addition ...

Meet Franklin - a new member to the Smith gang


Wanting mommy to pay attention to him


The lil' guy hanging out with Daysia


Already chewing on things nonstop


Franklin says hello - up close and personal


After a rough week last week, Jason and I contemplated adding another furbaby to our family. We were scared that people would think we were replacing Scootie or moving on too quickly. However, after discussion, we decided that if we waited too long, we would be trying to train a new dog and having a new baby. Not even a situation I want to put myself in to! So we took the huge plunge and so far, it has been worth every second!

So on Friday night, we drove to Osawatamie, KS to pick up our lil' guy. We decided that we wanted to name him in memory of Scootie, so we named him Franklin, or Frank for short. Among many other nicknames, we would call Scootie Frank - so we decided to name him Frank with a twist. Franklin is 10 weeks old and about 5 lbs or so. He is a little cuddlebug and instantly melted our hearts. He rode the whole hour and a half drive home wrapped around my neck, resting against the headrest. He sleeps throughout the night and has only had 3 accidents.

Daysia is warming up to him, although they have their moments. He is jumpy and excited and Daysia is relaxed and calm. Franklin always thinks it is time to play and thinks that Daysia's tail is a chew toy! But time will make all well. They are cuddling together as I type this post!!! :)

I will update about our little peanut within the next few days!!!!! It already feels like we are training for our peanut to arrive.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute puppy! Congrats on 12 weeks! I hope you are doing well!

Christina Meives from ivilliage board

"The Verhulsts" said...

Precious!!

Amy said...

Ohhhh Amber he is soooooooo cute! Congrats on the new addition he is adorable!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amber,

Congrats!! Franklin looks like the cutest thing ever. I don't think you are trying to take Scootie's place. You do need to get aquainted with both individually. If not, there may be some "sibling rivalry". They would both be fighting for attention. I want to see more pictures. Hope your continuous nausea lets up, & you are able to more food & gain more weight instead of loosing weight. (note: that should happen after you have the baby). I personally understand how you are feeling with the continuous n/v. Take care.