Thursday, April 24, 2008

Making sure everything is going well ...

So today I got my labs drawn, yet again to make sure that my levels were rising. I worked last night and decided to stop by the lab on the way home from work - at 0730 AM. I had to wait for about an hour before getting in, falling asleep in the waiting room.

After the completion of the labs, I decided to meet my mom and grandma for some breakfast. My grandma and grandpa Heiman were told on Tuesday, but today I would get to tell my grandma McCloud for the first time. My mom brought a onesie that said "granny magnent" since she will be referred to as granny. She opened the onesie and her jaw dropped, which then led to her hugging me and crying. It was exactly as I had pictured!

I was also able to tell all of my friends from work, which was exciting! We have to tell very early since we are not able to do chemo and take care of kidos with certain infectious diseases or illnesses. Everyone was excited and we did a pregnancy predictor that says "It's a girl!" I guess we will see within time!

I finally got the call, once again getting no sleep while waiting on the results. Everything was fine and my HCG level not only doubled but actually rised to 250. So Jason and I are going to be parents, and everything looks great! We are scheduled to have our first ultrasound to make sure that the "baby" is in the uterus and we can see the heartbeat. We found out today that our lil' miracle is the size of a grain of rice and the heart has now started to beat!

1 comments:

"The Verhulsts" said...

Can I tell you how excited I am for you!! I'm so glad you have a blog to "document" the journey! Congrats!!!