Today was the start of a new journey for the Smith family! We have been trying to conceive for a year, so it was time to see a Fertility Specialist. Although I thought I was prepared, I very quickly found out that this was not the case. We were both overwhelmed and felt the sense of loss of control.
The doctor is considering the possibility of me having endometriosis. He scheduled a laparoscopy procedure for the next week. I will also be having a procedure called an HSG done, which will involve shooting dye into my fallopian tubes to visualize if they are open. The plan is to then put me on fertility drugs - Clomid and Estrogen, followed by IUI (a.k.a Artificial Insemination) as soon as possible after the surgery. We now have to sit down and discuss the multitude of information that we learned today.
This is all a little scary, not to mention expensive! We are hopeful that it will happen without many rounds of the combo of fertility drugs and injections. We are taking one day at a time - waiting for the day that we will have a little bean enter our lives!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
The Journey begins ...
Posted by Amber at 4/10/2008 09:17:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment